Friday 30 March 2012

wee


At Tall Tales last night, I chatted about how the city is full of animals, and how adults easily forget that. I rhapsodised at least partly because, in the afternoon, I stood on the balcony and looked at the sparrows, and suddenly started hearing the birds, and once I started hearing them they were practically deafening.

This morning, as part of the continued eyes-wide-open exercise, I catalogued dog evidence on a hundred yard side road. There were thirteen widdle marks and three little plastic bags of poo. (I literally don't understand the urge to leave a plastic bag of poo in the street once you have gone to the hassle of picking up the poo, but evidence tells us that it is a very powerful urge.) I dare say side roads are attractive for widdling, but still. I hope I keep noticing the world around me. I hope I stop counting, though.

No comments: