Friday 20 January 2012

arrgh!


I bloody love the Pirates, by Gideon Defoe. I find it hard to believe that I only heard the other day that Aardman have made them into a movie, but I have no choice.

I also bloody love the paragraph in the back of all good books where they tell the history of the type-face used in the book. Here is the one from the back of The Pirates! in an Adventure with Communists:

This book is set in Golombek Bold. Developed in the 1950s by Sergei Golombek as a means of smuggling secrets out of Stalinist Russia, each full stop is really a microdot containing the blueprints of reactor cores, submarines and missile silos. And hidden inside the loop of the letter 'g' is a map showing the true location of where Lenin's brain is kept frozen inside a special refrigerated box!

No comments: