Saturday 27 February 2010

who says the girl with the dragon tattoo is unique?

The answer is 'loads of people'. Search for "stieg larsson" "unique heroine" if you don't believe me. Loads of people are wrong. The very first thing I thought on encountering her was, 'Oh my God! This character is exactly like Kathy Mallory!' My friend Sue thought the same thing. Kathy Mallory appears in a series by Carol O'Connell. I'm not saying they are the best books ever written, but I was completely gripped by the first five, which is the number I have read. Mallory is a great character.

Wait a second. Something's coming through the mist. I think the protagonist in Want to Play? might also be quite similar.

This is a public service announcement.

1 comment:

Jenny Davidson said...

Yes, EXACTLY Kathy Mallory! Sarah Weinman makes same point:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/arts/la-caw-dark-passages2-2009aug02,1,1917866.story