Friday 19 February 2010

olympic brainmelt

I love the BBC. I think it's important, brilliant in ways that couldn't be rebuilt or designed and must be cherished, and if its carping competitors in the rest of the media succeed in getting it killed, they will self-interestedly have impoverished the nation, but a lot of the journalists it's sent to the Winter Olympics are hopeless. Listening to them fluff their links as if words have no individual meaning so long as the shape of the sentence is sort of alright makes me want to cry. The one I can remember from my breakfast five minutes of highlights went along the lines of, 'GB's women curlers bounced back from their loss to Switzerland and defeat of the World Champion Chinese to beat Russia.'

Which I wasn't going to mention, except that all my curling watching in the last few days meant that when I saw this picture in a thumbnail, I seriously first thought it was of curling, and even when I registered the clothes, I seriously first thought it was curling-in-inappropriate clothes.

No comments: