Friday 15 January 2010

stupid aardvarks

I saw a bargain on Abebooks. I bought it. A day later, the bookseller wrote that they didn't have the book. I looked at their website, and the book was there for a much higher price.

Don't buy books from Aardvark Books. I bet this brings them to their scrawny knees. I don't think the mighty Cuppy annotated the aardvark, and I always wondered why, and now I know. If I were annotating the aardvark, I would annotate it thus:
The aardvark is a sort of weasel. I do not know how big it is and I do not care but its fingers or claws are nimble enough to bilk online purchasers out of their online purchases, as is its mean-spirited brain. Who knows what it thinks about the knotty problem of procreation. I hope it never thinks about it at all and we won't hear as much of it in the future.

4 comments:

bumble said...

is there another typo in your post?

Robert Hudson said...

I bet there is, but I have missed it again. There are typos in my book that I missed about fifty times, so that means nothing. Tell me what it is.

bumble said...

it's just that Abebooks suddenly becomes Aardvark books. but maybe i'm being stupid.

Robert Hudson said...

No, I see. Bad storytelling. Abebooks is a gazillion second-hand bookshops gathered together for searching purposes. The one with the bargain book was Aardvark Barks. Stupid Aardvark Books.