Thursday 21 January 2010

see me live; cakes; new yorker pitch

This evening I will be mostly in Windsor co-hosting the monthly bookswap which, when it was co-hosted by Scott Pack and Marie Phillips, used to be an excellent event. If you are not doing anything, or feel like getting out of something like a weasel*, come and join us.

There is either free cake or you get in free if you bring cake. I have, for some time, wondered at the publishing industry's fetishistic attitude to cake. Everyone I know in publishing talks a lot about cake, and periodically takes cake into work. It's a black economy of some kind. If I were Malcolm Gladwell I would get the New Yorker to let me write an essay about how it symbolises something. Let Them Earn Cake might be the title.



* Not in that way, you dirty child

No comments: