Tuesday 17 November 2009

mermaid spider erotica II

I know I promised more cookery lessons, and they're coming, but I need to finish what I started.

Further to yesterday's speculation as to whether a mermaid is a fish or a person, sexually, The Shark and the Mermaid by Billie Myers nails its colours pretty clearly to the wall. I don't know why this YouTubist has done a video with dogs. In fact, wait a second, dogs, shark, mermaid, nookie? Maybe it was The Vet!



Further to which, after posting the piece of erotic mermaid fiction with fluorescent eggs I movingly analyse below, The Vet asked:
Well, what do you guys think? Will I be able to make the transition from the children's morality market to the convenience store romance section? And, do you like the scene? Helpful comments certainly welcome. I'm sort of new to mermaid romance/erotica....
Samantha K wrote:
The writing is good, but some of the dialogue is a bit shifty. Why mermaid erotica?
How long is a piece of string?

Arabesque was more fulsome:
Vet, you are a multi-talented genius. How anyone can make such a transition from children and YA to romance is beyond me, but you, sir, pull it off flawlessly.
Just like the mermaid. Sorry
Who knew that mermaids would make such a perfect subject for a romance novel?
Was it me? No
I think this would be a best-seller at the convenience store in only a matter of days after publication.
All this COULD be irony. I don't think so, but it could be
I had a friend, skilled in the writing of mermaid erotica, read this over
Hold up! Surely SHE knew that mermaids would be a perfect subject for a romance novel, even if I didn't (I don't) (I mean I didn't)*
and she would like to point out that Seraphim is a male mermaid's name, not a female.
Oh yes! I knew there was something odd about it! No, wait a second, was the odd thing that it was obviously a male mermaid's name (the pc term is 'merman')? I think it wasn't. I think it might have been that 'Seraphim' is not a-
She suggests replacing it with something such as Ariela or Lilayn or Monyata, or any other female name.
These are excellent suggestions, but since she's his protagonist, I think The Vet should use a name that will make the her stand out from all the other mermaids. What about Kate? Sue? Alice? Marie? Emma?
Otherwise, it is very good (and accurate!)
Mermaids really do have fluorescent eggs and no port in a storm
the scene is excellent, very graphic but described in such a poetic manner as to be beautiful.
I cried twice
Are you sure you've never written in this genre before?
No one - literally no one - could be that good first time

* Google returns 296,000 hits for 'mermaid erotica'. For 'vet erotica' the number only rises to 358,000. The first hit says: 'every conversation seems to return to interspecies erotica'. The most promising erotic fiction on page one is Bunny Love, in which 'A lonely veterinarian experiences erotic romance at a Wiccan retreat.' We've all done it.

2 comments:

Waffle said...

Hmm. This raises so many questions, all of which I am trying to scrub out of my brain, hard.

But thank you.

Marie said...

Actually, in my innocent and non-fluorescent-egg based mermaid games of youth, I went by the name 'Anemone'.