Monday 22 June 2009

who are these idiots?

1. I have had it up to here and higher, with the nutjobs who constantly say that Roger Federer is an incredibly stylish dresser. Viz.



I mean, what? Rog is an unbelievably stylish PLAYER OF TENNIS, and all reports say he is a very nice man, but his recent collections of vulgar, vulgar leisurewear/yachtwear/tracksuitwear are not stylish. I repeat, vulgar. They have his initials on them in gold.

2. But my real beef, as stated previously to almost everyone who has ever spoken to me, is with the telly powers who insist on using a camera that means whenever a female tennis player sits down, her first action must be to put a towel over her knees so that we don't see her knickers. Possible solutions to this problem:
A. I do not recommend this to any top female tennis players, but wearing no knickers and then facing the press saying, 'What? I have to expect people to be looking up my skirt? Why is that?' would be the nuclear option, thus I DO recommend that a top tennis player...
B. wears a pair knickers saying, 'FUCK OFF' in the business area, and then has the same press conference. It's a pity Lindsay Davenport is no longer around. She'd have done it brilliantly.

(I know, lots of the women wear absurdly short clothes where their knickers are obvious all the time, but not all of them, and they all have to use the towel, and I don't think it's good enough.)

No comments: