Tuesday 30 June 2009

not just a river in egypt

Report on the BBC website says, 'Four ball boys and girls at the Wimbledon tennis championships have shown symptoms of swine flu.'

But the All England Club's spokesman said these cases hadn't been confirmed as swine flu. He added, that the ball boys and girls 'haven't been tested for swine flu and they're not going to be.' If I were their parents, I'd be fine with that.

Incidentally, for fans of my fashion advice who agree that Federer, Venus, etc., wearing their names all over themselves is vulgar, I also think that the Championships' decision to have big Ralph Lauren logos on the ball boys' and girls' shirts is also a vulgar one. I only mention it because people endlessly say how classy and un-vulgar Wimbledon is, and in general it is un-vulgar.

No comments: