Thursday 4 June 2009

drink and electoral reform


This is going to be a very interesting and revealing post about politics and personal matters, which I never normally do. You must be incredibly excited at the thought of it.

What I thought earlier was this: politics is going through a massive spasm (you may not have noticed); the reasons are various; the expenses kerfuffle is the pretext; Everyone has no idea what to do and so He is is gyrating wildly in the storm of public opinion that some morons think should be a court so we can stone people for obeying laws we happen not to like; and also as He gyrates He is advocating the reform of everything to do with politics in every way, including but not limited to proportional representation, an elected upper chamber and copper bracelets for rheumatism. These huge changes are not ones that politicians have got round to making when they were, for want of a better expression, in control or, to use a jargon expression common amongst people I know, 'sober'. But now they are out of control, or in jargon 'drunk', they are considering massive, life-changing moves with unforeseeable long-term consequences.

I don't know if it is connected but almost none of my friends would be married if they hadn't made massive life-changing moves when they were drunk, and most of my friends are married.

NOTE: I recommend Pure Ubu.

No comments: