Wednesday 29 April 2009

unguent

In my house are many posh unguents. This is not because I buy them, and not because anyone I know buys them, but it is still the truth. 'What a mystery!' you are thinking. 'How can I get to the bottom of it?' I know the answer to that question, but I'm not telling.

However, what I will tell you is this: written on the side of one of the poshest unguents, a moisturiser of some kind, are the words:
Caution
This body milk should not substitute a healthy diet and regular exercise

This, and I do realise I should be less judgmental, confirms me in my prejudices about the stupidity of people who spend as much on moisturiser as you would have had to spend to get this moisturiser if you had paid for it which no one I know has. And yet there it still is! The mystery deepens! I mean: 'The mystery remains the same depth!'

No comments: