Saturday 28 March 2009

helter skeletons


You cannot tell me this is not a good pun. The About Us page explains the company's raison d'etre: 'Helter Skeletons Limited began when a few ocean adventurers decided to "See What's Inside" the marine life they had hunted off the shores of southern Florida. We discovered what lies beneath the surface where few others have dared to explore. What we found was exciting, enticing, and dynamic. What we found were skeletons.'

It doesn't say, but I am pretty sure I read in Classic Angling that the skeletons are made by letting beetles and various others eat away everything else.

The Blue-Spotted Cornet is weird; the Dolphinfish is scary; the Pompano (pictured) is my favourite, for sentimental reasons (I once had a girlfriend called Pompano).

No comments: